15 Awkward Moments At Church Everyone Tries to Avoid
15. Can You Help in the Nursery?
Usually followed by, “Just for this week.”
14. Stomach Growls
You know, that loud lion growl you get when everything’s quiet. That one.
13. Sex in the Sermon… with Your Kids
OK, that was awkward.
12. Mic Squeals
What’s that noise!!?!
11. Forgetting Someone’s Name
Here they come, here they come… Hey, guy.
10. When Your Kid Cusses in Class
My baby did what? She must’ve learned that from her father, excuse me.
9. The Rambling Testimony
The one that goes on for ten minutes but never makes a point…
8. Sitting in a Saved Pew
C’mon. This is church people—no seat saving.
7. Awkward Clapping
So, are we clapping for Jesus or the song or the… (This one might apply more to our Baptist friends.)
6. Provocative Dancing on Stage
5. The Too Long and Repetitive Worship Songs Create Awkward Moments
We all love to worship, but sometimes, you know, you have to stop singing and worship in other ways.
4. Illustrations Gone Wrong
You know, stuff like this…
3. Rogue Worshipper
Often seen with tambourine. Always up in your space.
2. Getting Judged by Others
This can be awkward–if there’s no mercy or grace involved.
1. Conversations on Politics
Um, excuse me, your liberal views are showing…