Words have a way of changing us–whether it’s through a book, a sermon, a lyric in a song or even a tweet.
Looking back over my life, there are some words that have stuck in my mind, reached my heart and changed the way I live–for the better. This is a small collection of those words. I know it might sound pretentious to say these quotes actually changed my life, but I’m not exaggerating. Each one of these came at the right time to give me ray of hope, inspiration and in some cases a swift kick in the pants.
I hope you’re encouraged by them.
15 Powerful Quotes to Use Anytime You Need A Major Boost
1. “If God only used perfect people, nothing would get done. God will use anybody if you’re available.” — Rick Warren
2. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams and live the life you have imagined.” — Henry David Thoreau
3. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
4. “Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.” — Francis Chan
5. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” — Dale Carnegie
6. “Anyone who has ever made anything of importance was disciplined.” — Andrew Hendrixson
7. “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” — Albert Einstein
8. “Genius is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration.” — Thomas Edison
9. “True faith means holding nothing back. It means putting every hope in God’s fidelity to His Promises.” — Francis Chan
10. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Mahatma Gandhi
11. “Wherever you are, be all there! Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God.” — Jim Elliot
12. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
13. “To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself.” – Soren Kierkegaard
14. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” E.E. Cummings
15. “The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places…” – Ernest Hemingway
Add your favorite quotes in the comments below–and please share this with a friend today!