The summer months have arrived! School is out, the pools are open and parents everywhere are finding ways to keep their kiddos out of the house, and making memories.
Of course, it’s not all fun in the sun when it comes to keeping our children safe.
A Colorado dad is thanking a family from Houston, Texas, this week after their warning to parents saved his 2-year-old son’s life.
After taking his son Gio to the community pool, Garon Vega said the toddler came home with a headache that later turned into a fever and a cough.
It’s not uncommon for young kids to catch a virus after swimming in a public pool, but Garon felt this might be something more.
“I’m noticing his heart is beating really fast, so noticeably that I can feel it when he’s laying against my body,” Garon said.
He was researching his son’s symptoms online when he came across a story about Frankie Delgado. The 4-year-old from Houston, Texas, passed away Memorial Day weekend after having inhaled some water while swimming with family.