Christmas is in the air. Many stores have already been filling their shelves with Christmas decorations. But the true spirit of Christmas is captured in the celebration of Jesus’ birth. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of Christmas verses from the Bible to inspire your holiday season. These Bible verses for Christmas can help you prepare your heart before the big day. Through Christmas scripture, you can also be reminded of the first Christmas night, or Christmas Eve. And there are also Christmas Bible verses to inspire your Christmas day.
12 Christmas Verses to Prepare Your Heart to Celebrate
It can be easy to be caught up in the busy season. One way to avoid that is to slow down and read these Christmas verses each day of advent. The Christmas verses will help set your heart on the miracle of Jesus’ birth and the gift that God has given us in him. You can also share these Christmas verses with people who need some joy during the season.
- “A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.” Isaiah 11:1
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
- “The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called [a] the Son of God.” Luke 1:35
- “A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” Proverbs 17:22
- “For no word from God will ever fail.” Luke 1:37
- “The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him” John 1:9-10
- “But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 1:20
- “She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, [a] because he will save his people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21
- “But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus.” Luke 1:30-31
- “But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.” Luke 2:10
- “Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever.” 1 Timothy 1:15-17
- “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6
12 Bible Verses for Christmas Night
A wonderful way to set your heart on the true meaning of Christmas is to read Christmas verses on Christmas Eve. These Bible verses for Christmas night will help you and your family consider the first Christmas night and how Jesus came as a humble baby. Bible verses for Christmas can give us excitement about how God fulfills his promises to us. As you consider these Bible verses for Christmas, what do they tell you about God’s faithfulness?