Exclusive Content:

Toddler is Sick With Mystery Illness for 3 Months When Doctors Finally Discover What’s Lodged in Her Nose

A mom from the UK is sharing her story after her toddler suffered for three months with a mystery illness caused by an object unknowingly lodged in her nose.

Candace Cameron Bure’s Dreamy Family Vacation in Italy: ‘Take Me Back’

Candace Cameron Bure, loved for her roles on "Full House" and "Fuller House," recently took to Instagram to reminisce about her family's dream summer vacation in Italy.

Chip and Joanna Gaines: 11 Godly Secrets to an Epic Marriage and Family

Chip and Joanna Gaines are teaching us important lessons about marriage and family as they walk away from their HGTV show for the sake of their family.

Grieving Mom Warns Parents About the Easter Candy That Killed Her 5-Year-Old Daughter

With new child safety and choking hazard warnings popping up almost daily, the Internet can become a worried mother’s worst nightmare. But it’s also become a key platform for grieving parents to share their own experiences so that others may be spared the same heartache.

While choking hazards regarding grapes have been circulating the web for the past few years, a similarly-shaped Easter candy posing equal danger has slipped under the radar.

Three years after losing her [5]-year-old daughter, Sophie, one UK mother is speaking out about the mini egg that tragically took her child’s life.

“With Easter coming up I want to warn you all about another deadly choking hazard, one that tragically took away my child,” she wrote on Mum’s Advice blog. “It has been just short of three years since my precious little girl Sophie passed away she had choked on a mini egg and I was unable to [dislodge] it.”

Though she frantically attempted to free the candy lodged in Sophie’s throat with all the proper techniques, including ‘back slaps’ and ‘pushing up and under her ribs’, her efforts sadly could not save her daughter.

“I had done a first aid course only six months prior to this event so all the techniques to help a choking child were still fresh in my mind but it didn’t help, I watched the light slip away from my babies eyes,” she shared. “I tried in vain to save her. Sophie was 5 1/2 so not a tiny tot yet this seemingly harmless treat took my angel away.”

While the heartbroken mama knows there’s nothing she can do to bring her angel back, she prays her experience may serve as a warning to other parents who may not be aware of this seemingly harmless but potentially deadly candy.

“If your children enjoy these chocolate treats please watch them extra close and remind them to sit down whilst eating them or avoid them altogether,” she cautioned.

Kelsey Straeter
Kelsey Straeter
Kelsey is an editor at Outreach. She’s passionate about fear fighting, freedom writing, and the pursuit of excellence in the name of crucifying perfectionism. Glitter is her favorite color, 2nd only to pink, and 3rd only to pink glitter.

Toddler is Sick With Mystery Illness for 3 Months When Doctors Finally Discover What’s Lodged in Her Nose

A mom from the UK is sharing her story after her toddler suffered for three months with a mystery illness caused by an object unknowingly lodged in her nose.

Candace Cameron Bure’s Dreamy Family Vacation in Italy: ‘Take Me Back’

Candace Cameron Bure, loved for her roles on "Full House" and "Fuller House," recently took to Instagram to reminisce about her family's dream summer vacation in Italy.

Chip and Joanna Gaines: 11 Godly Secrets to an Epic Marriage and Family

Chip and Joanna Gaines are teaching us important lessons about marriage and family as they walk away from their HGTV show for the sake of their family.