Is your husband an artist, a sports fan, or a tech guru? Is he a meat and potatoes man or a carb-avoiding fitness-focused fellow? There are many types of husbands and many varied preferences when it comes to the kind of romance men like. So when you’re thinking of ways to romance your husband that work for him, it helps to think about his particular likes and dislikes.
There are many types of husbands and many varied preferences when it comes to the kind of romance men like.
Here are 41 ways to romance your husband that you might not have thought of.
- Hide a love note in his wallet.
- Send a sweet text message for no reason at all.
- Send a sexy text message for a very good reason.
- Invite him on a date for a change.
- Let him talk without interrupting.
- Cook his favorite dinner.
- Make sure his favorite clothes are clean and ready to wear.
- Show interest in his work.
- Watch the whole game with him.
- Wear perfume.
- Laugh at his jokes, even the bad ones.
- Tell him he looks extra handsome.
- Let him enjoy his hobby—guilt-free.
- Play songs you both loved when you were dating.
- Praise him in front of the kids.
- Praise him in front of his friends.
- Kiss him when he walks in the door.
- Kiss him when he walks out the door.
- Kiss him when he gets anywhere near the door.
- Let the kids eat in front of the TV one night and have a nice, adults-only dinner.
- Let him make the call on parenting decisions without second-guessing.
- Bring him breakfast in bed.
- Choose the pretty nightgown over the flannel PJ’s—even if it’s cold.
- Choose your birthday suit over the pretty nightgown.
- When you tell him you’ll do something, follow through.
- Offer a massage.
- Meet him at the door so you can greet him before the children pile on.
- Send a text with just one word… “When?”
- Have supper going so the house smells great when he walks in.
- Light a candle in the bedroom.
- Buy him his favorite snack or beverage.
- Fix up a travel mug of coffee just the way he likes it before he heads out the door.
- Act as if you’ve never heard his story before—even when you have.
- Tell him how proud you are of him.
- Hold his hand when he least expects it.
- Sit on his lap.
- Encourage him to do something with his friends.
- Let him roughhouse with the kids without scolding.
- Feel his muscles.
- Wink at him.
- Say yes.
Wondering what men think about romance? Find out here. And here’s what he might do to try to romance you. Want more ideas? Try out these 9 ideas for the best summer romance. On the other hand, what about when you’re not getting romance from him? Find some hope here.
How do you romance your husband?
**This article originally appeared on iMOM.