This world is so scary sometimes. I had to stop watching the news because it was so depressing. Fear is something we battle our whole lives. It doesn’t matter if you’re a man, woman, or child. It hits us all and we find ourselves scrambling for cover.
God knew we were going to be running around freaking out a good majority of our lives. He tells us what to do instead. He has provided a way to walk this life with peace of mind and calmness in our hearts.
When we get triggered it’s difficult to see these promises through the fog of panic. That’s why committing these verses to memory helps. That way, they are there when you need a solid place to stand until that wave of fear flattens out.
1. “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” —Isaiah 41:10
2. “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling.” —Psalm 46:1
3. “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” —Deuteronomy 31:8
4. “Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds.” —Psalm 36:5
5. “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?” —Romans 8:35
God is with us. He will help us. He will lift us up with His hand. He is our refuge. Our strength. He is our present help in trouble. He goes before us. He will never leave us. His love extends to the heavens. Nothing can separate us from Him.
This is just a tiny drop in the bucket compared to all of the promises we have in Him. This is the only way to combat fear and sadness. His love for us outweighs what this world throws at us.