50 Holiday Date Ideas:
1. Drive around looking for the homes with the best Christmas lights in your pajamas with hot chocolate while listening to a festive christmas radio station.
2. Go to a Christmas tree farm & cut down your own Christmas tree.
4. Dress up in formal attire & drive to your nearest city to attend a Christmas symphony orchestra concert.
5. Create your own Christmas song together.
7. Become your own hot chocolate critique & go to 5 local coffee shops & split a hot chocolate at each one & rate them to find your favorite.
8. Spend the day decorating the outside of your house with your special someone & then invite your friends, family, & neighbors over for the Christmas house lighting.
9. Spend the evening watching old home movies of when you both were children at Christmastime & watch the magic of Christmas in the eyes of each other when they were young.
11. Get together & make handmade Christmas cards to give to friends & family on Christmas day, or paint a picture of Christmas
12. Go to the mall at Christmas time, without the intent of shopping, & enjoy the Christmas atmosphere (lights, decorations & mall treats).
13. Create a group date with your friends & go christmas caroling & hand out candy canes.
14. Have a Christmas movie marathon with special Christmas treats.
15. Make sugar cookies & watch all 3 Santa Clause Movies.
16. Make homemade hot chocolate together.
17. Go to Hobby Lobby & enjoying walking the many isles of Christmas decorations.
19. Create your own Christmas song.
20. Visit Dollywood & see the festival of lights.
21. Grab your camera & go exploring for the perfect Christmas card shot.
22. Decorate a Christmas tree together.
24. Have a homemade cookie competition.
25. Create unlabeled Christmas baskets filled with homemade goods & secretly drop them off at friends & families’ houses.
26. Watch the sunset over the first snow of the season.
27. Listen to Christmas music & snuggle.
28. Build snowmen that are holding hands.
29. Have a Christmas present wrapping party. Get together & wrap all of your presents for your friends & family while listening to Christmas music.
30. Shop for & create a shoebox for Operation Christmas Child.
31. Bake dark chocolate cherry scones.
32. Watch A Charlie Brown Christmas.
33. Go to Polar Express in 3D.
34. Dress up & attend a local Nutcracker performance.
35. Go to the grocery store together & buy your favorite dried & canned goods & drop them off at a food bank.
36. Create a shared Christmas bucket list (for many years to come) & mark at least one thing off the list each season.
37. Find & attend a local Christmas tree lighting.
38. Volunteer at a soup kitchen to help those in need during the holiday season.
39. Find the best sledding hill & enjoy an afternoon of sledding just like you did as a kid. Then go warm up by heading to your favorite local coffee shop & getting hot drinks & a sweet treat to share.
40. Make snow ice cream.
41. Go to your closet & pull out everything you didn’t wear last fall & winter, then take a mini trip to your local goodwill & donate your items to charity, & end with date idea number 27.
42. Go to the grocery store together & buy ingredients to create your own one-of-a-kind homemade soup to keep you both warm during the cold nights.
43. Snuggle under a blanket, next to a real crackling fire (inside or outside), & read traditional Christmas stories together.
44. Decorate your home for Christmas together.
45. Spend the day baking as many Christmas cookies as you can (for yourself, friends, & coworkers) while watching holiday tv specials. This is one of our favorite date ideas!
46. Go Christmas tree shopping for a real Charlie Brown Christmas Tree.
47. Create a twist on the 12 Days of Christmas song by creating 12 Days of Fun Dates (or Gifts).
48. Collaborate with a Children’s Hospital & dress up like Santa & an elf & visit the children.
49. Go to the mall together, split up for 10 minutes with $10 each, & see who can come up with the most creative Christmas present for the other person.
50. Spend 11-12pm Christmas Eve night reading the original Christmas story (the nativity story from the Bible) with soft Christmas music & candles in the background.