The featured child’s mom was reportedly filling up a kiddie pool when the incident occurred.
“We use it every year to show just how serious a burn can occur to a toddler,” the Las Vegas Fire Rescue Public Information Officer told KTLA 5. “We got a ton of tweets back from people (saying) ‘I never thought about that,’ and that’s why we do it.”
“Sometimes the people don’t realize that for the length of the hose all that water is going to be hot water,” he added.
The Las Vegas Fire Rescue team encourages parents across the country to share this important message to raise awareness and prevent serious injury to other children. See more in the KDKA news clip below: