In pursuing Christ, we all strive to know and follow Him with complete abandon and Trust. No one lived a life more telling of that example than author and poet, C.S. Lewis.
One of the greatest theologians ever to live, C.S. Lewis was Born Clive Staples Lewis in Belfast, United Kingdom in 1898. He became a Christian apologist whose faith and pursuit of the Lord has shaped several generations—largely in-part through his writing.
C.S. Lewis is one of the most quoted authors of all time. His depth of knowledge and understanding of the Lord was both poetic and profound.
Here are 15 C.S. Lewis Quotes to Recharge Your Faith Today!
1. “The more we let God take us over, the more truly ourselves we become.”
2. “No man knows how bad he is till he has tried very hard to be good.”
3. “Be just and merciful and brave.”
4. “I am sure that God keeps no [man] waiting unless He sees that it is good for him to wait.” — C.S. Lewis
5. “There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.”
6. “I would rather be what God chose to make me than the most glorious creature that I could think of; for to have been born in God’s thought, and then made by God, is the dearest, grandest and most precious thing in all thinking.”
7. “You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.”
8. “God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it. Not without pain, but without stain.” — C.S. Lewis
9. “Look for yourself and you will find loneliness and despair. But look for Christ and you will find Him and everything else.”
10. “Don’t shine so others can see you. Shine so that through you, others can see Him.”
11. “I believe in Christ like I believe in the sun. Not because I can see it, but by it, I can see everything else.”
12. “God always allows us to feel the frailty of human love so we’ll appreciate the strength of His.”
13. “I know now, Lord, why you utter no answer. You are yourself the answer. Before your face, questions die away. What other answer would suffice?” — C.S. Lewis
14. “The fact that our heart yearns for something earth can’t supply, is proof that heaven must be our home.”
15. “The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.”